Saturday, December 31, 2011

Well what is a family anyway? They're just a group of people who make you feel less alone and really loved

This quote is from the series finale of Mary Tyler Moore. This quote holds so much in it, that I know that the first time I heard it, I did not understand it. In my journey in life, I have encountered so many people telling me, that I can't, or that I'm not good enough. Some of these people were those who I considered good friends. Now that I'm on my own, living away from my family, I have become closer to my family as well as those friends who I know are on my side and will support me being me. I am really seeing now how friends can be family and how some family can become close friends. We need to surround ourselves with people who will love us and support us. That to me is the definition of a family and that is what I strive to look for in my friends. We deserve people who help us become the best that we can and we owe it to them to do the same.

0 comments: