From Health.com, here is a great recipe for Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding; it's healthy but still has the comforting and delicious taste that bread pudding should have.
Try not to chop the chocolate too finely so you'll have good-sized chunks to bite into. Hawaiian bread pudding is a soft, sweet bread found in the bakery section of most grocery stores. Leftovers are good for ham and Swiss sandwiches.
Yield & Time
- 1 3/4 cups (1/2-inch) cubed Hawaiian sweet bread
- 2/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Kahlúa (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
CALORIES 319 (30% from fat)
FAT 10.6g (sat 5.2g, mono 3.6g, poly 0.8g)