I love this! From Health.com, check out recipes for comfort food with a vegetarian spin. For those of us who don't eat meat or are sometimes in the mood for meat alternatives, this recipe collection has great recipes that are still filling and still taste great.
Vegetable Soft Tacos With Chipotle Sour Cream
The perfect vegetarian summer meal!
2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
2 limes, juiced
2 tsp. cumin
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 red bell peppers, sliced thin
1 red onion, sliced thin
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed (or make your own!)
1 green cabbage, sliced thin
1 bunch fresh cilantro, minced
1 tbsp. white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
3 radishes, sliced thin
1 cup sour cream
2 canned chiles in adobo sauce, seeded and diced plus 2 tsp. of the adobo sauce
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss together corn, 1 tbsp. of olive oil, lime juice, 1 tsp. salt, cumin, bell peppers, and onion in a large bowl, then spread on half a baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, toss together remaining olive oil, paprika, 1 tsp. salt, and black beans. Spread on the other half of the baking sheet.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing occasionally, until beans are crispy and veggies are cooked.
4. While that’s baking, combine cabbage, cilantro, vinegar, sugar, diced avocado, radishes, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, chili peppers, and adobo sauce.
6. When veggies and beans are done, fill tortillas, then layer on cabbage mixture and a drizzle of sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese.