Chocolate pudding is my absolute favorite food in the world, so this recipe from Delish really has me craving some right now.
Warm Chocolate Pudding
This warm pudding has a marvelous deep chocolaty flavor, but it's low in fat and super-quick to make. Don't skimp on the quality of cocoa with this one — treat yourself to the good stuff.
Yields: 6 servings
Total Time: 20 min
Prep Time: 20 min
* 1 large egg
* 2 1/4 cup(s) nonfat or low-fat milk, divided
* 2/3 cup(s) sugar, divided
* 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
* 2/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
* 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
* 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
1. Lightly beat egg with a fork in a medium bowl.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/3 cup sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1/3 cup sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Whisk in the remaining 3/4 cup milk until blended. Whisk the simmering milk mixture into the cocoa mixture. Pour the mixture back into the pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and glossy, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Whisk about 1 cup of the hot cocoa mixture into the beaten egg. Return the egg mixture to the pan and cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until steaming and thickened, about 2 minutes. (Do not boil.) Whisk in vanilla. Serve warm.
Carb Servings: 2 other carbohydrate Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
Dietary Fiber 3g