Check out another healthy taco recipe from Southern Living. Migas Tacos would be great for breakfast, or even a mid day protein pick me up.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Yield: Makes 2 tacos
- 1/3 cup lightly crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño peppers
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded 2% reduced-fat Mexican four-cheese blend
1. Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or just until onion is translucent.
2. Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper. Add to skillet, and cook, without stirring, 1 to 2 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom. Gently draw cooked edges away from sides of pan to form large pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until eggs are thickened and moist. (Do not overstir.) Spoon egg mixture into warm tortillas, and sprinkle with cheese; serve immediately.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per taco with flour tortilla.
- 13.8g (sat 5.7g,mono 2g,poly 1.9g)