From Southern Living's collection of Main Dish Salads, here is a recipe for Turkey-Artichoke Pecan Salad. I really like the idea of having a protein packed salad for dinner, especially on days where I know I didn't eat as well as I should have.
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Chopped cooked turkey
- Canned artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Chopped toasted pecans
- Feta cheese
Whisk together vinegar, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper. Whisk in olive oil until blended. Toss with chopped turkey, chopped artichoke hearts, sliced green onions, chopped pecans, and feta cheese.