Friday, December 25, 2009

just venting..

So recently I have decided to go back to school and let me tell you it hasn't been easy. I'm the type of person who gets over whelmed very easily and knowing that there is like a billion colleges out there and the fact I wanted to live close to home made the process difficult, because there isn't that many school that are close to me but thanks to Ashley the process was a lot less overwhelming. So right now I am in the process of scheduling an appointment to meet with counselors at this one college. The other day I told my dad that I want to go back to school and I told him why I'm doing and everything and just like he always does he starts on how I should get a job and go to school and in a perfect world that would work but like I said before I get over whelmed very easily so going to school and working and trying to find time to hang out with my friends and have a life wouldn't work with me but he doesn't understand that. Me and my dad never see eye to eye he always makes me feel like crap like what ever I say or do is never good enough and he always finds the littlest things to bitch at me about. I try to just let most of it go but there's only so much one person can take. Well I think that's all the venting I need to do for now..lol

5 comments:

*ashley* said...

i know its been difficult for you to work all this out, but i really like that you're working so hard to do it :)

i really think that you will be able to make time for everyone and be really happy once you figure the college part of it out...

it all sounds awesome and so promising though! keep your head up, girl!!

Kirstie said...

thanks ashley it means a lot to me that i can talk to you about this because sometimes it feels like i have no one to talk to or that understands so it means a lot to me and i appreciate everything!

Kari said...

Going back to school can definitely be a hard choice. I decided to do so more than a handful of years after graduating high school. Yes, balancing your 'outside life' can be difficult, but it can be done, and it will be worth it in the end. You've got to go for what you want in life and what is going to make you happy. Hang in there. I know you can do it :)

tashaaa_x3 said...

I totally get what you mean about feeling overwhelmed with everything. I sometimes feel like people expect the world out of everyone, yet they would never expect that of themselves. Just try and remember that you have to live YOUR life to your expectations, because in the end, it is you that has to be happy with your life, let your dad know that you are working towards a goal and it is something that you have thought long and hard about, and you would appreciate his support in your decision. I think the hardest thing I ever did was tell my parents that I wanted to change my major. They were dead set on me becoming a nurse, but I have a passion for planning events so I let them know that it was my decision, and they could choose to support me or go against it.
Parents are stubborn, but eventually they get over it.

Kirstie said...

thanks ladies. i reall apreciate the supports because sometimes it feels like its me against the world so it's nice to know there's support out there. so thanks again :)