Friday, December 25, 2009

Move to the beat

so basically if I don't have music for my work outs, they suck beyond the realm or normal workout suckage...I like using song lengths to time things instead of the actual timer on the machine, or clock. Not only does it mix up my work outs, it also tests my own endurance. Usually if i'm doing something that you can adjust the resistance on, I adjust it after each song, but always move to the beat of the song, no matter how fast the song is, or how intense the resistance is; that way I really put my body to the test, challenge, and push myself harder if the beat calls for it.

Using this, my playlist varies so much..basically instead of just using fast songs, I can use any song that has a decent beat to move to. When I'm really going intense or need that boost of energy that music can give you though, I love to listen to 80's music, say from Def Leppard, Motley Crue, etc; I also love dance remixes of songs, and lady gaga and ke$ha definitely are included.

0 comments: