Sunday, January 3, 2010

Challenge Yourself

For me, exercise is pretty boring...all i really do is go on the elliptical and do a weight circuit that a trainer showed me last, summer. On some days, this seems so normal for me, that I feel like I'm not getting anything done. When this happens, I promise myself that the next time I work out (which will hopefully be in the next couple of days), I will do something that challenges me so that I feel worked out and proud of myself. Usually this means I have to go run. I absolutely hate running, but it is one of the only things that I can do to make myself feel accomplished. Not only is it a good work out and something that I can constantly improve on, it really makes me feel good about myself when I have finished whatever goal I have set out for myself.

I try to apply this to other aspects of my life too, whether it be socially, academically, or personally, even if its just doing a puzzle, figuring something out, or anything like that. It might sound kind of lame, but I love the sense of accomplishment and knowing that I can or have done something that I was not sure I could do, or have never done before.

Today, I accomplished running a full mile in 18 minutes without stopping and I am very proud of myself. I know its not an amazing time, but it makes me happy, which makes me feel great about myself and my progress.

0 comments: