Monday, January 4, 2010

No Cook Thai Beef Salad

There are definitely some days where I am in the mood to eat, but I don't want something heavy, or I feel like I have eaten too much during the day and want something light, but with substance. I actually do crave salads (i know, so weird!) but i know that a simple just vegetable salad is really not going to do anything for me. I found this recipe at Delish and thought that I'd share it. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks really good and really simple to make as well.

No Cook Thai Beef Salad


Makes 4 main dish servings

Ingredients:

  • 2 limes
  • 3 tablespoon(s) less-sodium fish sauce
  • 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
  • 1 bag(s) (10-ounce) romaine salad mix
  • 1 seedless cucumber, cut lengthwise in half, then thinly sliced crosswise
  • 8 ounce(s) deli-sliced rare roast beef, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
  • 1 cup(s) packed fresh cilantro (or mint leaves)
  • 1/2 medium red onion, thinly slice
Directions
  1. From limes, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice
  2. In small bowl, prepare dressing: Combine lime peel and juice, fish sauce, and sugar; stir until sugar completely dissolves.
  3. In large bowl, combine romaine salad mix, sliced cucumber, roast beef, cilantro or mint, and onion. Add dressing to bowl and toss to combine. Divide salad among 4 dinner plates.

Nutritional Information
(per serving)

Calories105
Total Fat2g
Saturated Fat1g
Cholesterol26mg
Sodium485mg
Total Carbohydrate9g
Dietary Fiber2g
Sugars--
Protein13g
Calcium--

1 comments:

LairBarbie said...

Gah, that sounds GOOOOD!!! I need to try this.