Kabobs are a fun way to make a meal more interesting. Ladies Home Journal has a collection of kabob recipes that are easy, healthy, and fun to make. This one looked like a tasty Italian twist on kabobs.
- 1-3/4 lbboneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 largered bell peppers, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tbspolive oil
- 1 tspkosher salt
- 8 ozdried linguine or fettuccine
- 1/3 cupprepared pesto
- 2/3 cupfinely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tspground black pepper
1. Thread meat and peppers onto skewers and brush with 2 tbsp oil. Season with salt.
2. Cook pasta. Meanwhile, heat grill to medium high; oil grill grates and cook kabobs, turning frequently, until the meat is done, 7 to 9 min for medium. Remove from grill. Using a clean brush or spoon, coat meat generously with pesto.
3. Toss drained pasta with Parmesan, 1 tbsp oil and black pepper; serve with kabobs. Makes 6 servings.
- Total Fat (g)21,
- Saturated Fat (g)5.5,
- Cholesterol (mg)66,
- Sodium (mg)622,
- Carbohydrate (g)33,
- Fiber (g)3,
- Protein (g)39,
- Vitamin A (DV%)0,
- Vitamin C (DV%)0,
- Calcium (DV%)0,
- Iron (DV%)0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet