I got this from a Weight Watchers Meeting and thought it'd be a good thing to post on here as well.
- When you stretch, pay particular attention to your calf and thigh muscles including the hamstrings
- If increasing your speed leaves you feeling winded or tired, slow back down to a more comfortable pace
- When running, look ahead and keep your body upright and bend your arms at a 90 degree angle
- Vary your route to make it more interesting-you'll appreciate the change of scenery
- Enroll in a local runner's clinic to train with a group if you'd rather not run alone
- Invest in a good pair of athletic socks; ideally ones that are designated for running. If you want to splurge, a good digital watch is great to keep track of your time