Thursday, September 23, 2010

Best.Advice.Ever. Part 8

If you missed the other parts of this, check them out here. This obviously is to do with my absolute obsession with "Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen" If you haven't seen the video, it is posted on part 1, or you can easily youtube it.

Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing
this, tell me how.


Okay, I am standing up right now and saying that I am the WORST at taking compliments...if you're at least half way honest, you'll stand up here with me. We don't want to seem too self absorbed to say thank you, and on days when we aren't feeling 100%, denying a compliment just helps us feed into our own self destructive bottomless pit. To be honest, when I think about it, when people can't take a compliment or deny a compliment, it actually seems like they are trying to fish for more compliments than just that one. I am going to try from now on to thank everyone for the compliments that they give me (even if I do not feel like they are true or deserved), and think positively so that I can hopefully see those aspects in myself that they chose to notice.

0 comments: