Found this recipe inside an article on Delish. Though I don't eat red meat that often, this seems like a recipe that I might love to make on those occasions that I do make and eat a nice steak meal.
Serve this great-tasting, tender steak as part of a taco party or with a mixed green salad and sliced avocados.Serves: 8
Total Time: 1 hr 25 min
Prep Time: 1 hr
Cook Time: 15 min
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground ancho chile pepper, (see Ingredient note)
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/8 pound(s) flank steak, trimmed of fat
- Whisk garlic, vinegar, oil, ground chile, oregano, cumin and salt in a small bowl. Place steak in a shallow baking dish and pour marinade over it, turning to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning once, or overnight.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the steak until desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steak very thinly across the grain. Serve warm or chilled.