We continue with the last of Glamour's twenty recipes with a recipe for chicken soup and an omelet. If you missed the rest of this series, check them all out here
- 1 pound carrots, sliced into 1/2-inch coins
- 5 stalks celery, chopped 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 5-pound chicken
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- In a large pot, place carrots, celery, onion and chicken, backbone-side up. Add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and cook partially covered until chicken is done, about an hour. Skim off foam and discard.
- Remove chicken from pot, and let stand until cool. Remove meat from bones, shred into bite-size pieces and return to pot. Cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with parsley.
Melt 1 tbsp. butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Crack 2 eggs directly into pan, then quickly scramble using a rubber spatula (or whisk them in a bowl). Season with salt and pepper. Add toppings like cooked veggies or ham and cook until set. Toss in cheese and pop the skillet under the broiler to melt. As you slide the omelet onto a plate, simply fold it over onto itself.