This recipe has been tested by Redbook
This breaded turkey cutlet served with a white wine sauce is low-fat, only 220 calories per serving, and fast to make.Serves: 4
Prep Time: 12 min
Cook Time: 9 min
- 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup(s) plain breadcrumbs
- 4 (1/2-inch thick, 1 pound total) turkey breast cutlets
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 pint(s) grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 large fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced shallot
- 2 tablespoon(s) drained capers
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- Cut off peel and pith from lemons. Cut into slices, then cut slices in half; reserve. Spread breadcrumbs on waxed paper. Press cutlets into crumbs to coat.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Lightly spray cutlets with cooking spray. Cook 2 1/2-minutes per side or until golden and no longer pink in thickest parts. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Add tomatoes and thyme to skillet, raise heat to high, and cook, shaking pan, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tomato skins start to char and split in spots; transfer to platter.
- Add wine, shallot, and capers to skillet; boil 1 minute or until wine is reduced by half. Reduce heat and swirl in butter and reserved lemon slices until butter is emulsified. Spoon over turkey and serve with tomatoes.