This recipe is from Weight Watchers Weekly from the week of February 21, 2010.
Quick Beef and Pinto Chili
6 points per serving
Prep: 14 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes
Servings: 4 (1 and 1/4 cup servings)
Chili doesn't get any easier than this-we used well-spiced convenience foods and pantry staples to boost the recipe's flavor while minimizing preparation and cooking times.
- 1 spray cooking spray
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 package frozen, chopped onion and bell pepper mix
- 1 lb uncooked lean ground beef (7% fat) (can sub lean ground turkey)
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with chipotle chilis (if you can't find this, use just a can of diced tomatoes and add chipotle chili powder. For a spicier option, use a 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes and green chilis)
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes, fire roasted
- 2 tsp chili powder, medium heat suggested
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 15 oz canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic and frozen onions-pepper mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables thaw and any liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes. Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, breaking up clumps of beef with a wooden spoon, about 2 minutes.
Add diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper, and beans; cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until some liquid evaporates, meat is cooked through, and chili thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.