Found this easy recipe for Corn Chowder at Redbook.
Serve this kid-friendly Corn Chowder with a grilled cheese sandwich for a comforting (and fast) home-cooked lunch.
- 4 ounce(s) (about 5 slices) bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 2 can(s) (14 1/2 ounces each) creamed corn
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- In a 3-quart saucepan, cook chopped bacon over medium heat about 7 minutes, or until crisp; transfer to paper towel to drain.
- In same saucepan, sauté onion and green bell pepper about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in creamed corn, milk, freshly ground black pepper, and salt and simmer for 5 minutes, or until heated through. Serve with bacon on top.